About Me

My photo
Cody, Wyoming, United States
I am serving a 2 year mission in Montana/Wyoming For the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints (Mormons)I have been out over a year and I love it

Friday, October 29, 2010

My Mother

    I have been talking to a lot of people about Woman and it has got me thinking about the greatest one out there My Mother Ann Matthews. Growing up my mother was always there for me when I was super young I would go to work with her and she would always give me money to go get a bred stick. Then when I got a little older she started working at my middle school (Probably just to try to keep me in line) then when I got to high school we started going out to lunch at least once a week. I have very found memories of my mother and I wish everybody who reads this could meet her and see what a great lady she is.
    As I have been talking to the people it has made me think of a story in The Book of Mormon about the 2,000 stripling warriors. The 2,000 young warriors that go to battle with the Lamanites and non of them Die.

Alma 56
  47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

  48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it. 
    I am out here on a mission in Montana I have never done anything like this before. I have never been to Montana before, but my mother has taught me that with God anything is possible and I don't need to worry about anything, and I know that my Mother knows that.
I Love you Mom
Elder Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment