About Me

My photo
Cody, Wyoming, United States
I am serving a 2 year mission in Montana/Wyoming For the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints (Mormons)I have been out over a year and I love it

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why we are out

There are lots of reasons people go on missions, and there are lots of reasons The Church sends us out. One of the reasons is to help people come unto Christ, but what if somebody already has Christ as a big part in their lives? Why do they send out missionaries to these people?
I got asked this question yesterday "why are you here I have the bible I follow the word of God. what are you doing here?" this was not the first time I got asked this question. I told this man we have something that nobody else has. We have the Priesthood authority of God, that is something that nobody else has. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only Church on this Earth that has that. It is the only Authority that can Baptize it is the same Authority that Jesus Christ gave to his 12 Apostles, and it is what makes this Church so different from all the other Churches on the earth. and that is something that I know to be true, and I know that with all that I am. The Priesthood Authority is something that I have felt in my life and it is something that is very real. I am Extremely Grateful for the Aaronic and the Melchizedek Priesthood and the role it has played in my life.
Elder Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment