About Me

My photo
Cody, Wyoming, United States
I am serving a 2 year mission in Montana/Wyoming For the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints (Mormons)I have been out over a year and I love it

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jesus Christ

Today I have been thinking a lot a bout Jesus Christ, and all the things that he has done for us and all the things that he is doing for us and all the things that he will do for us. Because of him we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. He did something for us that I don't under stand how He did it but I do know why He did it. He did it because He loves us He did it because he wants to be with us again He did it because He is our Brother. Now the Question is what did he do. There is a scripture in the Book of Mormon that answers that a lot better than I can and it says

  11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

  12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. 
He took upon Him self my suffering. He took upon Him self my pains. He took upon Him self my afflictions. He took upon Him self my temptations. He took upon Him self my infirmities, just so He would know how to succor (run to in aid) ME! But He did not just do this for me He did this for everybody who has lived who is living and who will live all we need to do is to turn to Him and ask for His help and He will run to us. 

Elder Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment