About Me

My photo
Cody, Wyoming, United States
I am serving a 2 year mission in Montana/Wyoming For the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints (Mormons)I have been out over a year and I love it

Friday, November 5, 2010

My Buddy Elder Myrer

When I moved to Provo (when I was 2) I got a friend His name is Joseph, he is 6 months older than I am and he is my best friend. Joe and I have been through a lot together for the first 4 years of school he was home schooled then when he got to 5th grade he went to the same school that I was in but he was a year a head of me in school but we still hung out all that we could when we got to middle school he showed me how much fun it was to skip class and go to the Public Library or got to Salt lake and go to the Planetarium (we only did that 2 or 3 times) then we get to high school are still doing the same things skipping class to go learn about things and getting into trouble doing some dumb things with cars. When we turned 15 we got into drivers ED together and if it was not for him I would of never Passed that class. I was way to busy making fun of the movies to do my home work and class work. Then we turn 16 and we can drive and we did a lot of that during school. Then he showed me how important it is to pass school I don't know if I would of done it if it was not for him. One summer he went out to Pennsylvania and installed security systems and at the end I flew out and drove back with him that was a long fun drive he drove a lot and I slept a lot. Then we turned 19 and started to think about going on a mission and during that time I could see something start to change about him I could tell that he has been reading the Book of Mormon, I could tell that he was trying to find out if the church is true and if he wants to go out on a mission and that made ask myself do I know the church is true? do I want to go on a mission? then the day came when he got his call to the Argentina Resistencia Mission. and the day he went into the MTC him and I stayed up until 1 playing Video games then I send in my papers and get called to the Montana Billings Mission. I send him a letter telling him and he sends this Scripture back
  Alma 17:2
2 Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God.

I cant wait to see my Buddy Joe again, we have been with each other for almost 20 years now and when I see him he will still be my Brother in the Lord and we both have grown a lot in the scriptures and we both are working diligently to serve the Lord. If it was not for him I have no Idea where I would be right now.
Thanks Man
Love you
Elder Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment