About Me

My photo
Cody, Wyoming, United States
I am serving a 2 year mission in Montana/Wyoming For the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints (Mormons)I have been out over a year and I love it

Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Father

When I turned 5 years old, my dad and I started to do something on the fourth Wednesday of every month: we would drive 30 minutes to Sandy, Utah, go to Led Robster (Red Lobster) for dinner, then get our hairs cut. Then when I was 7 years old my Father got called into the Bishopric of a BYU singles ward. He was also a banker so he was gone a lot, but that never stopped him from spending time with me. I remember when I was very young he would get home at 2 or 3 in the morning and I would wake up while he was making himself dinner. I would come out and he would make both of us some food. Then when I turned 12 years old and got the Aaronic Priesthood and was able to pass the sacrament for the first time he made it so the he was the very first person that I would ever pass the sacrament to, and even though I have never told him, I thought that was one of the coolest things that I have ever done. Then on the day of my 16th birthday, something happened. The barber that we went to retired, so we had no place to get our hairs cut so we started to look for a new place. We tried lots of different places and got some good hair cuts and some bad, but I could not care less what my hair looked like. All I cared about is that I got time to spend with my dad. I don't know what I would do without him and I don't know where I would be if I did not have him. He has played a big role in my life. Even though we yell at each other a lot and often argue, if you ever need a light switch changed, or a new toilet or kitchen sink put in, my father and I can turn it in to an all day job.
I love you, dad.
Elder Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment