About Me

My photo
Cody, Wyoming, United States
I am serving a 2 year mission in Montana/Wyoming For the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints (Mormons)I have been out over a year and I love it

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Atonement

This month my mission President has asked all the missionaries in the mission to take 30min out of every Personal study and study about Jesus Christ, so that is what I have been doing. The topic that I have been studying for a couple of days now is the death of Jesus Christ and I know that it is more of an Easter thing, but it is something that I am very thankful for that Jesus Christ loved us enough to come down here and die for us. "Only He had the power to lay down His life and take it up again. From His mortal mother, Mary, He inherited the ability to die. From His immortal Father, He inherited the power to overcome death. He declared, 'As the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself' (John 5:26)". He was the only person that could do that for us. "The only way for us to be saved is for someone else to rescue us. We need someone who can satisfy the demands of justice—standing in our place to assume the burden of the Fall and to pay the price for our sins. Jesus Christ has always been the only one capable of making such a sacrifice.
"From before the Creation of the earth, the Savior has been our only hope for peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come."
That is something that I am very thankful for and that is something that I know He did for us.
Elder Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment