About Me

My photo
Cody, Wyoming, United States
I am serving a 2 year mission in Montana/Wyoming For the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints (Mormons)I have been out over a year and I love it

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happiness

Yesterday I got a letter from one of my good friend who is serving his mission in Argentina and like all of his letters it had some jokes and a comic and some things that we send back and forth. One thing that he has sent every letter is a scripture that he found in is personal study and this is the scripture that he shared with me Alma 41:11


And now, my son, all men that are in state of natureor would say, in carnal state, are in the gall of bitterness and in the bonds of iniquity; they are without God in the world, and they have gone contrary to the nature of God; therefore, they are in astate contrary to the nature of happiness


It got me thinking how many of us are in the state of nature just doing things that we don't think about and how it gives temporary happiness but not lasting happiness, but when we do the things that God has asked us to do how much more joy we can feel. Sometimes it feels like he asks us to do a lot and it feels like he is trying to take away our freedom but I feel like God is not a dumb guy he knows what we should do so be the happiest we can be.
Alma 41:10 
...Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness.
Elder Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment