About Me

My photo
Cody, Wyoming, United States
I am serving a 2 year mission in Montana/Wyoming For the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints (Mormons)I have been out over a year and I love it

Saturday, February 5, 2011

"The Difference"

I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day,
I had so much to accomplish
That I didn't have time to pray.


Problems just tumbled about me

And heavier came each task.

"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.

He answered, "You didn't ask."


I wanted to see joy and beauty,

But the day toiled on gray and bleak.

I wondered why God didn't show me;

He said, "But you didn't seek."


I tried to come into God's presence,

I used all the keys at the lock.

God gently and lovingly chided,

"My child, you didn't knock."

                                                                 I woke up early this morning
                                                                   And paused before entering the day,
                                                               I had so much to accomplish
                                                                 That I had to take time to pray.


What a difference prayer has made
Elder Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment